CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Guys "Nest" Too?


I have to brag about Joel for a second!!! He has been more than amazing in getting things ready for the baby and I'm not even due till October!!! I knew girls started "nesting" and wanting to get things ready for the new baby but I didn't know that guys went through that too!! Haha!! Joel is so excited to get things ready that he spent all day yesterday building this amazing loft in our garage for storage. He is all about getting things organized and ready for our little skater boy to come!!! I appreciate all the hard work that he has put into this so far and for making my life less stressful. We will be ready for this little guy before you know it with so much time to spare.


I also have to share this steal of a deal!!! We originally wanted to get a dresser that we could use even after the baby and just put a changing pad on the top and then we came across this. This changing table is $370 at RC Willey. We liked it a lot but didn't want to spend that on just a changing table. On Saturday, Joel suggested that we go to the RC Willey Outlet to check things out and we found the same one there. The price was $217 and we were considering buying it at that price when a salesman came up to us and said if you take this home tonight we will give it to you for $125. SOLD!!!

7 comments:

Janelle said...

Awesome job! And I love the changing table. I am so jealous!

Holly said...

Looks great! It's so nice to have a handy husband to help get things baby-ready. And I love the dresser/changing table! What a steal of a deal! It's so fun to get ready for a baby!

Darci said...

Good job Joel, keep it up:) What a great deal! I love how you referred to him as your skater boy lol.

Lindsay Marx said...

Wow! That is an amazing deal! It looks great! So cute you both are "nesting."

Shannon Miller said...

Hi, I'm an old family friend of the Johnsons, (through church), and I was wanting to get in touch with you because I heard your mom lives in Vegas. I have a friend who just moved down there and is in desperate need of a nanny. Please email me millershan@hotmail.com so I can talk to you more about it. I'm searching for contacts that could possible help out. Thanks! Shannon Miller

PS. Congratulations on the baby!!!

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

cute changing table!

Jill T said...

cute furniture. I love black--it just always looks good!

So fun that you are having a boy! Maybe some day we'll get one! Hope all is well. Please send me your email address so I can add you to our blog list. I sent Joel an invite, but I doubt he checks out blogs often!